HP 3PAR StoreServ takes yet another leap forward with the new 1.92TB SSD technology combined with HP 3PAR Thin Deduplication
We’re really excited about the recent changes to HP 3PAR Storage which is a real game changer and possibly the biggest thing for HP 3PAR StoreServ for quite some time.
It means you no longer have to worry about storage performance and can now buy storage based on usable capacity and an assumed Compaction Ratio. These technologies allow you to obtain all-flash array performance for the cost of a spinning disk— with leading scalability to more than a petabyte of usable capacity!
HP 3PAR StoreServ best in class features include:
- Hardware Accelerated Thin Provisioning – give out more storage than you have, without compromising performance
- Hardware Accelerated Zero Detection – strip out chunks of zeroes in the data to keep the array lean and efficient
- Adaptive Drive Sparing – get up to 20% more space from your SSDs compared to other array vendors
- Hardware Enabled Thin Deduplication – this technology takes 3PAR to another level of optimisation and efficiency, without compromising performance
- Hardware Enabled Thin Clones – create space efficient clones in seconds, with array offload using XCOPY and ODX
- 5 year warranty on SSD drives
These combined features lead to a highly available, efficient, performant, resilient, scalable and future-proofed solution. Along with reduced power consumption, reduced cooling requirements, reduced datacentre footprint; and increased data density, efficiency and manageability.
Check out Podcast #181 from the HPStorageGuy Calvin Zito. It’s a fantastic presentation on the above technologies, including why 3PAR is ready for the next generation of VMware integration. I’ve listened to it three times already! Find it here