OCSL named as HP Helion Partner 2014
HP have introduced the HP Helion Network, a global, open network designed to provide customers with an unparalleled portfolio of services and the ability to create a secure hybrid IT environment that addresses local and global requirements.
OCSL are delighted to be named as one of the first partners in the Network. As a leading HP Platinum Partner, it will broaden our service provision to clients.
Grounded in HP’s leadership in OpenStack®-based distributed cloud computing, the HP Helion Network is expected to provide a unique commercial and operating model for service providers.
The service providers within the HP Helion Network will provide the foundation for the ecosystem of services. It will also build on the strength of the HP CloudAgile Service Provider program, which has more than 115 service providers worldwide and 1,500 private cloud deployments.
“Global enterprises grapple with a daunting array of cloud products and services across locations, which creates challenges that include security, data sovereignty, interoperability and quality of service,” said Martin Fink, executive vice president and chief technology officer, HP. “The HP Helion Network leverages HP’s expertise gained from running OpenStack technology at scale and our ability to unite service providers and technology partners. Together, we’re building a federated ecosystem that enables organizations to deploy services on the right platform at the right time and at the right cost.”
The hardware-agnostic HP Helion Network will offer enterprise customers:
- An open, secure and agile hybrid IT environment with no vendor lock-in, which enables workload portability between on- and off-premises environments.
- Access to an expanded enterprise-grade cloud services portfolio that includes horizontal and vertical applications, as well as network-enhanced services such as secure cloud networking, enabling customers to meet local and multinational hybrid requirements.
- The ability to meet country-specific data regulations regarding data sovereignty, retention and protection.
Expanding the HP Helion portfolio
The HP Helion Network will become part of the HP Helion portfolio of products and services announced last month. New additions to the portfolio include:
- HP Helion OpenStack— A preview version of the commercial edition that is designed to address the needs of global enterprises and service providers. It provides a scale-out, hardened and curated commercial-grade deployment of OpenStack technology with enhancements to simplify installation, provide resiliency and improve manageability. HP Helion OpenStack will be offered under a straightforward pricing model of $1,400 per server for an annual subscription, with multiyear and volume discounts beginning at 50 nodes.
- HP Helion Development Platform— A preview version of the community edition of the integrated cloud application platform based on CloudFoundry™, fully integrated and tested with HP Helion OpenStack. It is designed to enable enterprise developers to rapidly develop, deploy and scale native cloud applications with world-class developer tools and an open, interoperable platform.