Britain's National Health Service turned 70 on 5th July 2018 and has long been one of the UK's most loved institutions for the vital role this service plays in all our lives.
Luton & Dunstable Hospital Innovation Centre
However, the world is evolving at a resounding rate and the NHS is struggling to keep up with modern times. Healthcare as an industry is continuously trying to respond to meet the ever-changing needs of patients and the clinicians who support them. We have an expanding population who live longer and have increasing healthcare needs.
The explosion of medical data is overloading Healthcare IT departments with new tasks and security concerns.
NHS organisations are struggling with ageing infrastructure, the inability to scale to meet demand and limited capital budgets to help change the situation. To help our customers meet these challenges, we embarked on a mission to simplify their modernisation efforts.
Why Citrix on Microsoft Azure?
Citrix on Azure enables NHS organisations to take both modern and legacy applications and deliver them to any user, on any device, anywhere. And most importantly, an Azure based Citrix infrastructure delivers more flexibility, elasticity, simplified deployment and lower costs that are possible with the economies of scale of Azure.
- 57% increase in IT department efficiency
- £80 reduction in end-user downtime costs per user, per year
- 35 more productive hours each year for everyone
- £250 added value gained from faster software deployments per user, per year*
How can we help?
OCSL have been working with Microsoft and Citrix for many years independently, but more recently together in partnership. As a Microsoft and Citrix Gold Partner we are leveraging the joint integration between Microsoft Azure and Citrix to enable our customers to reduce project delivery timescales and remove risk from desktop transformation and application migration projects.
Join OCSL and your peers to understand how you can leverage Citrix on Azure solution and the various deployment options available. We will discuss how the solution will enable you to provide:
- Increased agility - simplify management and reduce costs as you only pay for what you use
- Elasticity - the ability to expand and contract desktop and app virtual machines on-demand
- Security - ensure virtual desktop and apps are delivered securely to any user, on any device, anywhere with the best user experience
- Resiliency - create a comprehensive business continuity strategy covering high availability and disaster recovery
- Citrix Cloud - Citrix host and maintain the management infrastructure ensuring an evergreen environment
- Resources - virtual desktops and apps can reside either on-premise, within a data centre or the cloud
Venue & Agenda
This event will be hosted at The Luton & Dunstable University Hospital Innovation Centre which is a new Centre of Technical Excellence. The Centre will support the delivery of high-quality sustainable care through the use of world-class technology in collaboration with other strategic partners, including OCSL.
An agenda for the event will be provided closer to 20th September.
*IDC report: ‘Assessing the Business Value of VDI in the Public Cloud’, March 2018