OCSL have pioneered the development of acceSSOnce, a Clinical Desktop Transformation Solution that improves the way Clinical and Business users interact with IT within NHS organisations.
"a solution fit for 21st Century healthcare" Luton & Dunstable University Hospital
Discover the power acceSSOnce brings to clinical teams - watch the videos:
acceSSOnce delivers tangible benefits to all clinical users.
It enables a clinician to log in to any application, on any device, in any location seamlessly, without the need for multiple passwords. This means clinicians can roam between a PC in a consulting room, a shared machine on a ward, or even a mobile device from home and their applications will remain open so they can continue working.
acceSSOnce adds Patient Context. As new applications are opened, the clinician will automatically be placed into the same patient’s record, without having to search for them. This dramatically reduces wasted time and clinical risk associated with misaligning patient information.
"I think the more information we can provide to the clinican at the point of care, the better the outcomes for the patient.
With acceSSOnce we have a solution fit for 21st Century healthcare in terms of ease of deployment and ease of user for the end user"
Mark England, Director of Information Management and Technology.
The solution extends beyond the clinical teams to the business users within the Trust, providing them with the same ‘any application, any device’ experience. This facilitates a more flexible working pattern for users and allows IT staff to proactively support a wider range of devices such as iPads and tablet PCs.
Information Governance, security and reliability are paramount; acceSSOnce enables organisations to set policies based on people, devices and locations providing a full audit trail to underpin an organisation’s security model.
Download the Infographic here to see more of the benefits.
View the full story of acceSSOnce at Luton & Dunstable NHS Trust.
Healthcare providers are using acceSSOnce to:
• Provide a user centric application and desktop delivery from the datacentre (2nd Generation VDI)
• Accelerating logon speeds and session persistence, regardless of location or device
• Enable BYOD and development of mobile strategies
• Deliver a “follow me” clinical desktop including single sign on and patient context
• Enable desktop transformation from traditional “thick client” to a more agile optimised desktop estate
• Enhance and simplify desktop management Trust wide
Benefits acceSSOnce can bring your organisation:
• Simple to deploy, own and scale.Start in one ward, then scale across the Trust as required
• Reduced clinical risk – due to Patient Context
• A modular approach for functional selection from pure 2nd Gen VDI through to SSO or Context with a phased deployment.
• Ease of adoption
• Already delivered on Microsoft Server 2012 and Windows 8
• Simplify desktop transformation with unified “thick & thin“ desktop management solution
Why acceSSOnce and OCSL
• Single solution, provides end to end in a building block approach to delivering a proven, robust clinical desktop.
• Single partner – OCSL to de-risk your roll out and accelerate adoption
• OCSL are a highly accredited and recognised Healthcare focused partner with experience in delivering complex solutions to the NHS
• OCSL offer bespoke additional support and managed service solutions to support acceSSOnce from our dual N3 connected data centres.
acceSSOnce solution guide - download here
Microsoft Clinical Desktop Solutions article - from the latest newsletter - read here
OCSL EHI Blog - click here
To book a meeting with the OCSL team please call 0845 6052100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect on Twitter - @acceSSOnce